Chelsea manager Antonio Conte says his verbal sparring with Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has “stopped”.
The two meet in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Sunday, a month after a widely report public argument.
“I’m not interested in this topic. Both said something in the past, but we stop,” said Conte.
At his own news conference, Mourinho refused to be drawn on the situation, saying: “I told you before I’m not going to speak about it. Not at all.”
The Portuguese added: “Very good manager, fantastic team and that’s what is important for me. Just that.”
Last month, Mourinho – who was twice Chelsea’s manager – referred to a four-month suspension Conte served for failing to report match-fixing, for which the Italian was later cleared of any wrongdoing.
Blues manager Conte called the United boss “a little man” and Mourinho retaliated by saying he treats Conte with “contempt”.
Liverpool’s 4-1 win over West Ham on Saturday means United must beat Chelsea in order to return to second in the table, while Conte’s side could leapfrog their opponents into third with a victory.
| Contact Us |